Sunday, May 23, 2010

2 Tales of a Practice Room

So, two days ago I was practicing in the practice room. I usually being a piano book with me when I go so that if I get super frustrated with something on the clarinet, I can calm down and play the piano a little bit. I got a little furstrated and so I turned to the piano and flipped to "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" and just started playing. I felt better so I turned back to my clarinet and resumed my practicing. A couple seconds later, this lady walks into my practice room. She said, "Were you just playing the piano?"
"Yes," I said.
"Can you feel the love tonight was one of my favorite songs as a girl." I said nothing and smiled thinking, okay.. that's nice.
"I just want you to know that the way you played it made me realize that I want that song to be my wedding song." She exclaimed. "See, you could've gone all day without knowing that you helped someone. You just played it so great!"
I just said, "Oh Thanks" and offered my congratulations.
She then walked out the door. And that's my little story. I thought it was a little wierd, but it was nice I suppose.

Sometimes I mess with the people practicing beside me. I know it's a little rude, but it just makes life more fun. I heard another clarinetist practicing just across the wall. I started playing the same thing as she was. Turns out it was one of my friends Celeste! She is hilarious, and I love her. So everytime we have those practice rooms scheduled, Tuesdays and Thursdays, we always practice together now! It's only a little bit unproductive. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment