Monday, November 15, 2010

Fun, Weekends, and Friends

I'd like to write this little post today about friends and friendships. I've lost lots of friends with my moves and lifestyle changes that come with age. Many reasons. Each time I loose a friend, I miss them. I miss a lot of people right now. Loosing friends is something that I truely hate. It's another change thing. and I just can't deal with change like a rational human being. It frightens me like no other. Whenever I think of friends that I've lost or just don't keep in touch with so much, I still feel a little sick to my stomache. It's something that I've just always had a problem with.
Though, I can cope and get through these periods of change. But I could never get through it if it wasn't for Heavenly Father. He really cares. Even about the small things.
This weekend, I was supposed to go to Rexburg. I really really really really really reallly REALLY wanted to go so that I could spend some time with my old roommates and just have a little bit of fun before the scary holiday season started. It ended up that I couldn't go and I was worried that I wouldn't be able to have any fun and it would just be holiday time and I would just be stressed with nothing fun to look back on. It's not that big of a deal, even to me, it wasn't that big of a deal. I knew that I had to work, I was just slightly bummed. But, Heavenly Father blessed me with a way to make the weekend much better. All it took was a couple of new friends. Yes! I'm making new friends. Also something I stuggle with a bit. But not as much as change.
I learned a lot of things while I stayed home from college this semester. I think I learned how to better make friends easier. It's always been something that I struggle with. But I hope that when I go back to BYUI, I'll be able to apply these things that I've learned because this has been a blast! I'm so happy for this weekend that I just had. It was so much fun!

1 comment:

  1. Plus you got to see me, even if only for a few minutes. :D

    ReplyDelete